A tour which winds along the lake front, following the northern shore of Lake Garda from Riva to Torbole. Just a few kilometres long but offering you a chance to appreciate all the riches the lake has to offer: a training area for divers, the rocky slopes of Mount Brione, the mouth of the RIver Sarca with its reed beds and finally, a nice beach where you can take a break in the sunshine.
While you are out on the water, if you look closely you will see what is called the water line: the point where the currents of the River Sarca meet those of the lake, with little ripples and a clear difference in the colour of the lake and river water.
Watch out! If you decide to go out on the water in the morning, keep an eye on the conditions of the wind known as the "Pelèr" which blows in the early part of the day. Always check the weather forecast.
7 Tips to SUP in safety
- Always find out about the winds, weather and water conditions. The lake is subject to currents and steady winds which in the afternoon can make the water rough so that sup becomes difficult for beginners.
- If you are planning solo sessions, always tell some where you are going and what time you are leaving. Use schools or the sup club as a base.
- Keep to the coast but stay 500/600m from the shore and the cliffs where there might be rock falls.
- It is important to know how to swim in rough water and have the right equipment and proper clothing for the weather conditions. You must use a sup board with a volume suited to your abilities and wear an CE approved personal buoyancy aid.
- Always tie on the leash; the coast or shore might be far away and in case of problems you should never abandon the sup.
- Find out about any local ordinances and ask locals for advice
- Enjoy yourself. Sup combines a love of sport and nature and the beauty of Garda Trentino.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips, hints and links
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it
The car park nearest to the point of departure is Porto San Nicolò (pay parking).
Free parking in Riva del Garda at the old hospital (via Rosmini) and the old cemetery (Viale D. Chiesa). Further pay parking at the Public Gardens Porta Orientale, Roman Baths, Viale Lutti (Ex Agraria), Monte Oro, shopping center Blue Garden.