The beginning of the path is just above Nago, a few hundred metres after Malga Casina. 4,5 breathtaking kms to practice with the proper protective gear, full face helmet and gloves, on a mixed terrain, sometimes compact and fast, sometimes full of stones, smooth faces and rocks, which will test your balance. The descent ends in the industrial estate of Nago: from there you cross the fields to reach the centre of the town and then down to Torbole sul Garda.
Here the comment of Pier Paolo “Pippo ” Marani, tracker of Downhill World Championship Val di Sole, on this track:"The Val del Diaol track is really one of a kind: here, you have to knowhow to ride your bike. You have to be fluent, if you want to make yourway on the rocks. The downhill is physical, hard, wild: if you want totame it, you have to attack it from the beginning to the end."
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Suggestions taken from NORBA and IMBA codes of conduct.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips, hints and links
- For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation:
APT Garda Trentino, Tel. +39 0464 554444 www.gardatrentino.it
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it . To reach Val del Diaol use the Bike Shuttle Service.
ParkingSome space by Malga Casina. You better park in Torbole or Nago and use the bike shuttle services to go up.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Riding your bike requires specific clothing and equipment, even for relatively short and easy trips. It is always better to be prepared… e.g. for bad weather or a drop your energy levels. The unexpected things also make up a part of the fun!
Remember to throughly evaluate the type of route you plan to do, the locations you plan to cross and the current season. Has it been raining? Attention: The paths may be slippery and require more caution.
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike lights: best placed on your helmet or handlebars. (It is always best to be prepared)
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
- Emergency whistle
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112